|Galleries which represent Dan|
Dan projects images to his Arches #120 paper. Warning: parallax effects can distort your image, especially when camera lens was not at same level.
- Begin with eyes. If the eyes are wrong, why continue? Vary colors with each line painted. Using one color can have the line seem flat. Dan used green, gold, yellow & pink to line the eyes.
- Most of his painting is brushing onto dry paper. He may use 40+ layers on paintings. Use transparent colors, building to the final color. Dan does not use earth tones, thereby avoiding muddy paints.
- Dan encouraged the use of Photo Shop or other software: use black & white images to determine values, use extreme color enhancements to see variety of colors more clearly.
- Push vibrancy in colors, beyond reality. You can always tone it down later.
- Generally, in watercolor painting you paint from light to dark tones. With oil and acrylic painting, paint dark to light
|Colors Dan uses|
|Completed painting - "Monkey Left and Monkey Right"|