Wednesday, September 13, 2017
MINUTES - September 6, 2017
Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society
10:00 am September 6, 2017
President Kathy Lang called the meeting to order.
We would like to welcome visitors to the club meeting this month:
· Susie Wycoff – Retired art teacher, loves painting portraits, vintage images and wildlife.
· Laurie Arshonsky – Teaches at Cancer Support Community.
· Nancy Jean – Likes doing illustrations and pop art.
· Jim Warner – Retired architect, likes sculpture and digital illustrations.
· Member Deb Ward is teaching her classes at the Dunham Recreational Center this fall. Contact her for details.
· Heidi Hanssen and Carolyn Hibbard-Ross both have paintings in the Viewpoint 49 Show that will be at the Greenwich Gallery starting Oct. 6th.
· The Queen City Art Club will feature Ray Hassard working with Pastels on Oct. 6th.
· Maple Knoll Village in Springdale will feature an exhibit of the Hilltop Artists through Sept. 30th.
· Fall Workshop Chairman, Pat Lester reported that this year’s workshop will be held on Oct 27 and 28. Chris Campbell, of Indiana, will give the workshop this year. It will be a two day event with Chris. Chris is known as a very hands on teacher who works well with artists and is open to the interests of the participants. The workshop is limited to the first 20 people to get their checks in to Connie Dettmer. The workshop will run from 9-4 each day and lunch/snacks will be provided.
Mary Fleischmann, our Annual Exhibit Chair, reviewed the success of our recent Club Exhibition:
· This year we had over 250 visitors review the exhibition.
· (7) paintings were sold. Some transactions were done with the credit card app.
· Mary credited the folks that stepped up to make things happen. She stressed that it’s important for everyone to keep their commitment to the tasks that are signed up for. Mary would like to fill out the show leadership positions earlier for next year’s show.
· The music by the Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra during our show was a success. Some paintings were sold from those attending the concert. We will try to arrange this for next year if possible.
· Next year The Barn is booked up for the year. We are currently looking for other sites. We will be at The Barn in August for the 2019 Show.
Nancy Wisely is stepping down as the Scholarship Chair. If you are interested in helping out, please contact Kathy Lang.
Connie Dettmer provided an update to our Treasurer Report.
Membership report by Lydia Rittinger, announced one new member, Gary Brooks! We do want to announce that new membership dues are reduced to $25 starting in August. In addition to the Scholarship Award, a suggestion was made to offer a year’s membership to the Scholarship Award winner each year.
Claudia Taylor is stepping down as the Programs Chairperson after this year. Tom Schroeder offered to take up the Programs Chair if there was someone to assume the Secretary position.
Submitted by Tom Schroeder, Secretary, Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society, September 2017.